Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dead Awakenings - Death is just the beginning

How over used is that phrase?  "Death is just the beginning"  Very, overused IMO.  However, it does seem to fit my book Dead Awakenings pretty well.  I am currently over half way through the fifth draft and I am hoping to get to page 300 today in the edit. 

I am also gearing up to take my first chapter to my writers group on Thursday.  That alone is nerve wracking!  I am not yet nervous about it, but give it a day.  By tomorrow I will be a slobbering pile of drool on the floor kicking and screaming and loudly questioning my husband as to why he thought me going to a writers group was such a great idea.

He is correct though, it is a good thing to do.  To get others opinions on my work and what is good and what is mind numbingly stupid.  Hopefully, since it is the fifth draft there won't be too much of the latter.

I am currently working on the synopsis for the back of the book jacket for my book Dead Awakenings.  If I am lucky, I will get that done today as well.  However, all of this sitting and writing is giving me sore wrists, so I am off to relax and enjoy a swim before beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment