Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Never Ending Story - A Rewriting Tale

 I am hoping that the fact that my brain is tired of reading my book Dead Awakening, and my eyes burn from scanning for grammatical errors, means that I am close to finishing with my editing.  But I am terrified that it is just my brain and eyes resigning themselves to the fact that they are closer to the starting line, than the finish line.

I am currently working on revision number five and number six simultaneously.  I know, I know, that sounds completely improbable and totally insane, but if I don't do it this way, I may never finish draft six.

So draft five is for minor grammatical problems, plot problems, character development and all other small fixes.  Where as the sixth revision is for strictly grammatical fine tuning.  The sixth revision is  so tedious, especially since I am going chapter by chapter and we working, that I have to have some fun along the way.  So on draft five, I am currently half way through the book, and on the sixth, I have just finished chapter three.

I feel like I am right now stuck in the never ending story.  But I know, that after these two drafts, I will be finally ready to bring in beta readers to help me with new sets of eyes.

So now I just need to fill up on twizzlers and crystal light to get through it.

2 comments:

  1. Twizzlers and Crystal Lite, huh. Hah! You just revealed your weakness!

    BTW, I hereby volunteer to be one of the beta-readers on your list--as long as I don't have to eat Twizzlers. Blech!

    Great job on the blog and congratulations!

    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My editing fuel of choice is Red Bull. ;)

    ReplyDelete